We commit to providing safe and supportive environments which nurture the wellbeing of all students and staff in our community, and hold firmly to the belief that they have a right to be safe, respected and valued in an inclusive environment. We know that when students are happy, they are more engaged with their learning.
Schools benefit from wellbeing initiatives and pastoral care support through Sydney Catholic Schools – in areas such as anti-bullying, positive behaviour, student counselling, refugee support and child protection – which range from universal support for all students, to targeted interventions for students with complex social and emotional needs.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Cabramatta is a ‘Be You’ learning community committed to fostering a culture of wellbeing.
We promote wellbeing through:
- Wellbeing Week – each term we set aside one week to highlight activities to promote wellbeing for staff, students and their families.
- Highway Heroes – a K–6 social and emotional program that helps our students develop skills to recognise and manage emotions, develop care and concern for others and manage challenging situations effectively.
- Buddy Program – a program that supports Kindergarten students as they transition to the school community. This program also develops leadership skills in our senior students.
- Raising Community Awareness – our school annually celebrates National Day Against Bullying, RUOK Day and Fruit & Vegetable month.
- School Counsellor – available onsite at the school to support student emotional and mental wellbeing.