At Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Cabramatta:
We value a learning environment that is:
- Engaging, positive, supportive, safe and inclusive
- Flexible, collaborative, organised and well-resourced
- Supportive of independence, displays and celebrates learning and provides a range of scaffolds and models.
We value learning experiences that;
- are meaningful, purposeful, contextual and relevant to life experiences
- are motivating, engaging, collaborative and inspiring
- are data informed, planned collaboratively, explicit, scaffolded, encourage risk taking and success orientated.
- have a strong oral language focus and allow for the gradual release of responsibility (GRoR)
We value teachers who;
- are passionate, motivated, innovative, knowledgeable, flexible and open to learning
- are explicit, challenge, scaffold, set high expectations
- set realistic goals and clearly articulate learning intentions
- monitor learning and provide timely, constructive feedback
- build student relationships and have high respect for students.
We value students who are:
- self motivated, creative, perseverant, risk takers, curious and resilient.
- inquisitive, ask questions and engage in inquiry and problem solving.
- positive, confident, organised and connected to their school.